CASHEWBERT Cheese Workshops & Seminars
This variant is currently sold out
Asparagasm are thrilled to present, all the way from Berlin, one of the leading artisan cheesemakers in the world, Anderson Santos Silva, aka Cashewbert.
Originally from Brazil, Anderson is a committed and passionate vegan, who is an international leader in this type of vegan cheese making.
We are VERY lucky to have him on board, and this is a great opportunity to learn from one of the best.
As well as his online shop, where you can buy anything and everything you need to make vegan cheese, the company also provides hands-on workshops and seminars on the art of artisan vegan cheese making.
There are two different formats on offer:
Artisan Vegan Cheesemaking is a 4 hour hands-on workshop, where you will make cheese yourself and learn about the main techniques.
Vegan Cheese - The Real Deal is a 2 hour seminar, where we will introduce you to the concepts and techniques of vegan cheesemaking.
In both formats, the following types of cheese will be covered: Camembert, Blue cheese, and fresh cheeses focusing on almonds and cashews as ingredients but also covering how to use hemp seed and edamame beans.
Thursday 6th July: London
- 'Hands on Workshop' with Cheese Tasting: 2:30 pm - 6:30pm
- Venue: St Luke's Centre, 90 Central St, London EC1V 8AJ
Sunday 9th July: Asparagasm Nailsworth
- 'Hands on Workshop' with Cheese Tasting: 11am- 3pm
- Venue: Asparagasm Kitchen, The Old Engine House, Days Mill, Old Market, Nailsworth, Stroud GL6 0BL
Monday 10th July: Manchester
- 'The Real Deal' Seminar and Cheese Tasting: 6:30pm to 8:30pm
- Venue: Ziferblat (The Meetin Room), 1st Floor, 23 Edge Street, Northern Quarter, Manchester, M4 1HW
Workshops are presented in English.
All workshops will finish with a cheese tasting from a selection of both regional and European cheese makers.